In order to correct the name and/or gender on an Illinois ID, am applicant must must visit a Secretary of State facility to turn in your incorrect license. Along with providing acceptable identification for proof of identity, the applicant must also submit:
(1) If requesting a name change, a document such as a court order demonstrating the name change
(2) If requesting a gender marker change, any of the following documents:
- Court Order reflecting the change in gender;
- Medical Report Form;
- Psychiatric Report Form;
- Physician’s statement or;
- Other acceptable documentation to indicate that a change has taken place or the customer is in the process of undergoing the gender change.
The Illinois Secretary of State's office addresses name and gender change here. Applicants must notify the Illinois Secretary of State of a legal name change within 10 days of the name change.